Marketing: fluent in traditional print, web/digital, multimedia, social media, event planning and turning complex ideas into user-focused marketing
Management: skilled in managing multiple budgets, projects, staff, clients, and vendors in high-stress, high-volume, creative, multi-national environments
Training: expert in multi-cultural/multi-national, visual communications — award winning artist, international speaker/trainer (trained > 3,500 people on 5 continents), writer, and thought leader
Instrumental in > $40B contracting wins in all sectors of Federal/State/Local/ Foreign governments and commercial opportunities for clients in 15 different countries
Sales: “rainmaker” with >$4M attributable global sales
Fit-prenuer with two fitness based businesses as of 2014, an alternative fitness/dance studio (Pole Pressure Capitol Hill (now closed)) and an annual fitness convention (the International Pole Convention which experienced 20% year over year growth since inception)
Deadline-driven, highly motivated,
Creative Director/Graphic Design/Marketing Guru
Create and implement branding strategies across print, presentation, online/digital, event management, and social media including all writing, graphics, final production/delivery, and coding.
Developed print publications (including 10 years as Layout Editor APMP Journal), cover designs, marketing brochures/fliers/advertising, branding (logo, style guides, etc.), conceptualized information graphics from storyboard sessions, created standard templates and process/procedures for use by multiple designers.
Implemented video storyboarding and editing (including sound mixing) for short 1-5 min videos.
Provided presentation creation support including all developing/storyboarding, writing, graphic conceptualization, development including animations in PowerPoint.
Clients range from small/local to large/multi-national corporations) in industries from fitness to defense/intel to real estate. Managed teams of up to 10 individuals.
Served in a strategic capacity analyzing budgets company-wide, created tactical mission goals and practical plans for maximizing efficiency through systems and processes across the organization.
Traffic Manager/Workflow Manager
Organized and managed all billable project workflow and scheduling. Assessed, organized, disseminated, and reviewed all client needs and job specifics with staff. Addressed all client concerns pre- and post-project including financial (estimates) and contractual conditions/negotiations.
Training Creation and Implementation
Created and instituted training plan and metrics-based testing for desktop publishing department now offered publicly as well as webinar-based. Managed all on-the-job training for graphic designers/desktop publishers/editors. Conduct first round interviews and portfolio reviews.
Sales and Relationship Building
Responsible for > $4M+ global sales in new and return client. Frequent speaker/trainer and writer on topics of proposals, graphics, and general business worldwide.
Researched and developed business plan and ‘sold’ concept to three other owners. Won several grants to support creation of business (from the State of Virginia and British Airways).
Established legal entity, managed financials (banking, credit cards, tax, and VAT filing; payroll, invoicing clients, paying vendors), as well as human resources and hiring processes for employees.
Developed and implemented sales partnership with other companies, and marketing plans to generate ~£20-30K annual revenue (in new and returning clients).
24UK maintained clients in the UK, South Africa, the Netherlands, Sweden, India, and Australia and has implemented marketing and proposal-related design projects for various industries.
- 2017. Finalist USPDF Amateur/Pro Qualifier Competition.
- 2016. Achieved elevatED certified Pole Level 1 Teacher
- 2016. Finalist USPDF Amateur/Pro Qualifier Competition.
- 2016. Finalist Pole Theatre USA Professional: Pole Comedy Division
- 2016. Competitor PSO APC Professional Division.
- 2015. Second place PSO, APC, Entertainment Level 4 Senior division, Pole Dance Competition, DC Metro area.
- 2014. Second place PSO, NEAAC, Entertainment Level 4 Senior division, Pole Dance Competition, Greater Boston area.
- 2014. First place Candy & Chrome Pole Dance competition, Northern Virginia
- 2014. Second Place PSO, CPC, Entertainment Level 4 Senior division, Pole Dance Competition, Chicago
- 2014. Featured in Urban Scrawl Blog for Pole Pressure Capitol Hill: http://urbanscrawldc.com/2014/08/19/person-of-interest-colleen-jolly/
- 2014. Featured in Active Life DC Blog for Pole Pressure Capitol Hill: http://www.activelifedc.com/dancing/pole-pressure-capitol-hills-colleen-jolly-talks-pole-dancing-fitness/113654
- 2014. Published in the Hill Rag for Pole Pressure Capitol Hill: http://www.capitalcommunitynews.com/content/not-your-mother%E2%80%99s-fitness-class
- 2014. Featured in The Hill is Home blog for Pole Pressure Capitol Hill: http://thehillishome.com/2014/01/sponsored-post-get-your-fitness-on-with-pole-pressure-capitol-hill/
- 2012. Company listed on Inc. 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies. (third time)
- 2012. Insight Award, Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP). Award recognizes the author of the best article published in the APMP Journal. “Case Study: An American (a)Broad: The story of one small business expanding internationally”http://www.apmp.org/news/93221/
- 2012. Company recognized for Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce (FCCC) International Corporate Philanthropy Day.http://www.fairfaxchamber.org/get-involved/international-corporate-philanthropy-day/
- 2011. Company listed on Inc. 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies. (second time)
- 2011. Formally recognized by the Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia for “her vastachievements, leadership in the community, and character and dedication as a Woman in Business in the Commonwealth of Virginia"
- 2010. Fellows Award, APMP. The APMP Fellows Award recognizes individuals who have made substantial contributions to our profession. Youngest person to receive award
- March 2011. Featured in Virginia Business Magazine.http://www.virginiabusiness.com/index.php/news/article/same-language-different-culture/
- May 2010. Featured in Northern Virginia Magazine’s “Top 10 (Entrepreneurs) Under 30, Making their Mark.”http://www.northernvirginiamag.com/entertainment/entertainment-features/2010/05/24/under-30-entrepreneurs/
- 2010. Interviewed for radio shows: Heart FM in Kent, UK in 2009; Amtower Off Center for Federal News Radio, Washington, DC. Listen to it here! http://www.federalnewsradio.com/79/1932244/The-importance-of-graphics
- 2009-2010. Recipient British Airways "Business Opportunity" Grant for International Entrepreneurs
- 2009. Finalist for Stevie American Business Creative Professional of the Year Award.
- 2009. Receipt of Strategic Proposals Partnership Award. http://www.strategicproposals.com/news.html
- 2009. Listed on the Biltmore Who’s Who of Executives and Professionals.
- 2009. Listed on the Cambridge Who’s Who of Executives, Professionals and Entrepreneurs.
- 2008. Shortlisted for (UK) CBS Outdoor, Next Great Underground Writer/London Tube Card Competition, entry displayed at La Galleria Art Gallery Piccadilly Circus, London.
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. Quote published in Women’s Advantage Calendar.
- 2007. Company listed on Inc. 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies. (first time)
- 2006. “Shithead of the Year 2006” Proposal Industry Peer Award.
- 2006. APMP Partnership Award, APMP.
- 2003. Misty Dailey Award for the Arts (honorable mention), Georgetown University.
- 2011-2015. APMP International Board. (past CEO, CEO, COO and Secretary, member of Executive Committee, Chair of the Marketing/Membership Committee) (industry association board)
- 2010-2012. APMP NCA Chapter Board. (Secretary) (industry association board)
- 2007-2014. Member of the Executive, Fundraising, and Finance Committees, Capitol Hill Arts Workshop (Secretary 2007-2008, President 2009-2010 and again 2013-2014, served as Past President 2011-2012). (non-profit board – raised > $55,000 during term)
- 2014-Present. Blogger for Bad Kitty, Inc.
- 2012-Present. Competitor Pole Dance/Pole Fitness Competitions (US).
- 2004-Present. Alumni Admissions Program (AAP 506), Georgetown University.
- 2004-2014. Docent and Docent Mentor. Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC.
- 2007-2012. Dancer, Dhoonya Dance, Bollywood Dance Troupe, including performances at Kennedy Center and Indian Embassy in Washington, DC.
- 2003-2013. Layout Editor and Cover Design Journal of the APMP (20 issues)
- 2003. Layout Editor Georgetown University Journal of the Environment (1 issue)
- 1999-2003. Editor in Chief The Georgetown Journal (4 issues)